The pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance (pCPA) updated the status of negotiations on brand name drugs as of November 30, 2017:
- 39 negotiations are currently underway with 4 new files added since the last update of October 31, 2017:
- Cerdelga (eliglustat): Used to treat Gaucher disease
- Cerezyme (imiglucerase): Used to treat Gaucher disease
- Elelyso (taliglucerase alfa): Used to treat Gaucher disease
- VPRIV (velaglucerase): Used to treat Gaucher disease
- 188 joint negotiations have been completed with 11 new files added since the last update of October 31, 2017:
- Afinitor (everolimus): Used to treat neuroendocrine tumours of gastrointestinal or lung origin
- Please note that this negotiation was completed in September 2017
- Giotrif (afatinib) (second letter of intent): Used to treat advanced non-small cell lung cancer
- Keytruda (pembrolizumab): Used to treat non-small cell lung cancer (second line or beyond)
- Keytruda (pembrolizumab): Used to treat non-small cell lung cancer (first line)
- Metoject (methotrexate): Used to treat rheumatoid arthritis
- Nucala (mepolizumab): Used to treat severe eosinophilic asthma
- Opdivo (nivolumab): Used to treat squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)
- Pheburane (sodium phenylbutyrate): Used to treat urea cycle disorders
- Stivarga (regorafenib) (second letter of intent): Used to treat metastatic and/or unresectable gastrointestinal stromal tumours (GIST)
Please note that drug negotiations were closed for Brilinta and Methadose as agreements were not reached.
- Brilinta (ticagrelor): Used with ASA to prevent atherothrombotic events with history of myocardial infarction
- Methadose (methadone): Used to treat opioid dependence
- 56 drug products for which the pCPA has decided not to negotiate collectively or individually at the provincial-territorial level with 1 new file added since the last update of October 31, 2017:
- Tafinlar (dabrafenib) and Mekinist (tramatinib): Used to treat non-small cell lung cancer
Please note that the manufacturers and pCPA jurisdictions have engaged in thorough discussions for the following drug products regarding criteria and conditions as recommended through the HTA review and both recognize that a Letter of Intent (LOI) could not be reached at the current time.
- Adempas (riociguat): Used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Humira (adalimumab): Used to treat Hidradenitis suppurativa
- Ilaris (canakinumab): Used to treat systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Viacoram (perindopril/amlodipine): Used to treat hypertension
- Xgeva (denosumab): Used to treat skeletal-related events due to bone metastases
- 13 negotiations for brand name drug products have been recommended by the pCPA to be considered by each Province/Territory individually with no new files added since the last update of October 31, 2017.
For more information, please consult the pCPA’s website.