On November 10, 2023, the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB) launched first phase of its consultation process towards development of new price regulatory Guidelines. PMPRB published its Scoping Paper for the Consultations on the Board’s Guidelines and invited feedback to be provided either at the upcoming Policy Roundtables or through written submissions.
Key dates are as follows:
- November 24, 2023: Deadline to register for the Policy Roundtable. Stakeholders can register for in-person or virtual participation using this form. The announcement notes in-person attendance will be limited, and presenters will be chosen to ensure contributions reflect a diversity of opinions.
- December 5 & 6, 2023: Policy Roundtables in English and French, respectively.
- December 20, 2023: Deadline to submit written feedback.
- January 2024: PMPRB to publish a “What We Heard” document in early 2024.
- Throughout 2024: The PMPRB noted its “ambition to finalize new Guidelines during 2024”
PMPRB has identified the following themes for stakeholders’ consideration and feedback, with the scoping paper outlining the Board’s specific questions it has for stakeholders related to each theme.
- Theme 1: Efficient Monitoring of Prices without Price Setting
- Theme 2: Transition to PMPRB11 – New versus Existing Medicines
- Theme 3: Price Reviews during Product Life Cycle
- Theme 4: Investigations and Referral to Hearing
- Theme 5: Relation to pan-Canadian Health Partners, Insurers (Private and Public); and Alignment with Broader Government Initiatives
- Theme 6: Engaging with Patients, Health Practitioners, Pharmacy, and other Stakeholders
For more information, please see the Board’s Scoping Paper or contact PDCI’s Jennifer Mathews, Manager, Pricing Data at email@example.com.