Each month the pCPA issues an update on the previous month’s negotiation activity. In the summary below you will find an overview of the new pCPA activity along with PDCI insights into recent developments for your information.
|Summary of New pCPA Activity Since Last Update|
|Category||New Files||Total Files|
|Completed Negotiations (with LOI)||2||290|
|Completed with No Agreement (no LOI)||2||37|
|Consideration at P/T Level||0||13|
PDCI Target Insights (since last pCPA Update)
Oncology Biosimilar Class Negotiations:
- As of June 1, 2019, CDR and pCODR are no longer reviewing Biosimilars. In this update, three (3) oncology biosimilars (HERZUMA, OGIVRI, TRAZIMERA) for treatment of breast cancer, metastatic breast cancer, and gastric cancer are grouped into active “category” negotiations with the pCPA.
LONSURF pCODR Review Considerations:
- pCPA started negotiations prior to final pCODR Recommendation for resubmission with target pERC Meeting for June 20, 2019. LONSURF previously received a negative recommendation from pCODR and INESSS in 2018.
Active Negotations Considerations:
- BRILINTA is under reconsideration with pCPA after No Agreement in 2017.
- UNITUXIN is under new active negotiations from an aligned HTA Review; receiving NOC in Nov 28, 2019 and HTA Recommendation March 26, 2019. The total time from CDR to pCPA Active is approximately 2.2 months, which is below the average time of 5.2 months.
Completed Negotiations Considerations:
- FASENRA biologic for asthma completed negotiations from CDR Recommendation in approximately 3.3 months.
- PROBUPHINE for treatment of opioid disorder completed negotiations from CDR Recommendations in approximately 3.3 months as well.
PDCI Target pCPA Trends
- The average length of time from HTA Recommendation to LOI Completed with agreement has remained consistent at 12 months over the years while length from HTA Recommendation to LOI with no agreement have increased slightly in time in 2019.
- pCPA Negotiations from active to completed remains similar to 2018 from approximately 7.6 months in 2018 to 7 months in 2019.
To find out more information about pCPA negotiations and how PDCI’s reimbursement strategy team can help navigate through pCPA discussions, please contact John-Paul Dowson at firstname.lastname@example.org