The PMPRB has released its January 2015 NEWSletter
Topics covered in the NEWSletter include:
- Final 2014 CPI-Based Price-Adjustment Factors: The final CPI figures for 2014 are now available. Of note:
- The actual CPI-based price-adjustment factor for 2 year (2012) and 3 year (2011) are lower than forecast. As a result, some manufacturers/patentees may have overpriced.
- The actual CPI-based price-adjustment factor for one year (2013) is the same as forecast.
|Maximum Allowable Price Increase||4.4%||2.9%||2.0%||3.0%|
- 2016 CPI-Based Price-Adjustment Factors for Patented Drug Products: New lagged CPI methodology in effect as of January 1, 2015. Based on these factors, maximum allowable cumulative price increase is as follows:
- 4.4% for patented drug products with Canadian sales in 2013
- 2.9% for patented drug products with Canadian sales in 2014
- 2.0% for patented drug products with Canadian sales in 2015
The year-over-year price increase cap for the 12-month period ending December 2015 is 3.0%.
- The Recognized Price Source for Germany is Changing to Lauer-Taxe Effective 2016
Other news include:
- Message from the Executive Director
- New Staff Members
- Notice of Hearing: Soliris and Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Voluntary Compliance Undertaking: Gelnique
- Recent Publications
- Coming Soon: Public Drug Plan Expenditure Report
- Submissions by Patentees on Level of Therapeutic Improvement
- Patentees Reporting on R&D and Sales for 2014
- Foreign Price Verification Policy
- Change in Foreign Price Verification Policy
- Clarification: Existing Drug Products Subsequently Sold by Another Patentee
- Summary of the Board’s December 15, 2014 Meeting
For more information regarding the January 2015 PMPRB NEWSletter, please see the PMPRB website.