PMPRB has released its October 2018 NEWSletter which includes updates on Guideline Reform and PMPRB’s timelines for its Guidelines modernization initiative.
Updates on Guideline Reform
- Consultations with stakeholders have progressed more slowly than anticipated, due to conflicting views amongst participants and complexity of reforms.
- A January 2019 implementation date for the Regulations seems unlikely; PMPRB is revising the meeting schedule and timetable for the Steering Committee and Working Group.
- The PMPRB remains committed to an open and transparent consultation process as it readies itself operationally for the amended Regulations.
Other updates include:
- 2019 CPI-Based Price-Adjustment Factors for Patented Drug Products
The following table provides the CPI-Based Price-Adjustment factors for 2019. These factors were based on the actual rate of CPI inflation of 1.1% in 2015, 1.4% in 2016 and 1.6% in 2017.
CPI-Based Price-Adjustment factors for 2019
The year-over-year price increase cap for the 12-month period ending December 2019 is 2.4% (=1.5 x Actual Inflation in 2017).
- NPDUIS update: Engagement activities
- New and upcoming publications
- CompassRx, 4th edition, 2016/17
- Market Intelligence Report on Anti-VEGF Drugs for Retinal Conditions in 2017
- Meds Entry Watch 3rd edition on market entry dynamics
- Meds Pipeline Monitor (formerly New Drug Pipeline Monitor)
- Generics360: 2017
- 2019 Human Drug Advisory Panel Meetings – Update
- Summary of the Board’s October 2018 Meeting
For more information, please see the PMPRB October 2018 NEWSletter.