The PMPRB is developing a Guideline Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (GMEP) that will analyze trends in the pharmaceutical market before and after the implementation of the new framework to assess whether it is working as intended, and to inform the need for any future adjustments. The PMPRB also invites stakeholders to participate in the GMEP Public Webinar on May 31, 2021. Details on how to sign up for the webinar will be announced on Twitter.
Stakeholders are invited to help shape the development of this plan and comment on the outline described in this document by submitting feedback via the online feedback form by June 21, 2021.
The PMPRB is proposing a GMEP that will assess four key areas of focus:
I. Prices of Medicines
- Assessment of Canadian price ceilings, list prices and average transaction prices
- Alignment between the estimated therapeutic value of medicines and their Canadian prices
II. Access to Medicines
- Clinical trial intensity
- Availability of new medicines
- System coordination: health technology assessment, price negotiation and reimbursement
III. Pharmaceutical Ecosystem
- Drug spending
- Research and development
- Economic footprint
IV. PMPRB Processes
- Administrative burden
- Patentee filing compliance
- Compliance and enforcement activities
- Scientific review
- Price tests application
- Outreach activities
PDCI is Launching a Sharing Page for Submissions
PDCI strives to support timely transparency around public policy consultations and invites organizations and individuals to share their submissions so ideas may be shared publicly.
Please e-mail Jennifer Mathews, Manager Pricing Data, at Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org with a PDF version of your response including consent for PDCI to publish the response on its website.