CADTH’s Pharmaceutical Reviews Updates are used to communicate new CADTH reimbursement review process updates to the public. PDCI has outlined below the key highlights from the most recent update. For more information, please consult the CADTH website.
CADTH Program Updates
1. New Aligned Recommendation Template
CADTH has revised the format of their recommendations reports to improve the overall clarity of the recommendations. The new features include:
- A new, plain-language, 1-page summary of the recommendation, the reasons for the recommendation, and the key evidence that informed the recommendation.
- A new key message section that provides stakeholders with an “at a glance” summary of the most relevant information from CADTH’s review.
The new recommendation format is being phased in during March and April of this year (2021).
2. Updated Fees for CADTH Pharmaceutical Reviews
CADTH has updated the Fee Schedule for CADTH Pharmaceutical Reviews. The updated document includes the annual fee adjustment based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
3. Revision to CADTH Pharmacoeconomic Requirements
CADTH has revised the Procedures for CADTH Reimbursement Reviews to require that sponsors provide a transparent trace within the economic and budget impact models that is not hard-coded by Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
Call for Nominations CADTH is seeking nominations for its Board of Directors and expert committees. They are accepting applications from individuals with significant expertise in the Canadian health care system who are interested in helping support health care decision-makers in making informed choices about health technologies.
CADTH is inviting nominations for the following:
- CADTH Board of Directors: 1 academic member and 1 health system member
- CADTH Canadian Drug Expert Committee (CDEC): 4 expert members and 2 patient members
- CADTH pCODR Expert Review Committee (pERC): 3 expert members and 1 patient member
- CADTH Health Technology Expert Review Panel (HTERP): 1 chair, 1 health care practitioner, and 1 patient member
Full details about each role, who is eligible to submit a nomination, and the nomination process are available on the CADTH website. Nominations need to be submitted via CADTH’s online form by Monday, April 26, 2021.
Please contact Ara Salazar,Director of Market Access, to learn more about how these changes may affect your upcoming submissions.