CADTH’s Pharmaceutical Reviews Updates are used to communicate new CDR and pCODR drug review processes updates to the public. PDCI has outlined below the key highlights from the most recent update. For more information on this review, please consult the CADTH website.
CADTH has extended the Consultation Feedback Period for the following consultations:
- Proposal to Enhance the Transparency of CADTH’s Review Reports and Recommendations
- Proposal to Revise Category 1 Requirements for CADTH Single Technology Reviews
- Proposed CADTH Reassessment Framework
If you have yet to provide feedback, please use the feedback template on the CADTH website and submit by 5:00pm EDT on Friday, September 27, 2019.
Look out for PDCI’s in-depth analysis of the implications of the consultations that will be shared publicly through our TargetPharma newsletter in September.
Important CADTH Program Updates:
- Representatives from I’Institut national d’excellence en santé et services sociaux (INESSS) and/or INESSS’s expert review committee members are now able to attend the implementation panel meeting which is provided by CADTH post-CDEC Final Recommendation to support product implementation to jurisdictions and the pCPA.
- CADTH and Canadian Blood Services (CBS) New Pilot Process will be announced in the near future for the review of selected plasma-related drugs.
- To align key terminology in their drug review processes, the term “sponsor” will now replace “applicant” and “submitter” in the Common Drug Review and pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review procedures, respectively.
CADTH has updated the Procedure and Submission Guidelines for the CADTH Common Drug Review to reflect the CADTH Program Updates.