Included in this edition are:
PMPRB Town Hall Meeting
- PMPRB Staff held a Town Hall meeting on October 1 at the Ottawa Convention Centre. Discussions involved PMPRB Staff taking a fresh look at the organization’s vision and mandate, potential new strategic priorities for the PMPRB and how to operationalize them moving forward. To help in the discussion and exercise, a distinguished panel of experts shared their unique perspectives on the Canadian pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement environment.
- The Town Hall is part of a strategic planning process which will culminate in the presentation of a business plan to the PMPRB Board in the new year.
New Staff Members
- Jeffrey Biggs
- Brad Gash
- Branka Pejcic-Karapetrovic
- Parul Shah
Appeal Update: ratio-Salbutamol, ratiopharm and Sandoz
Voluntary Compliance Undertakings (VCUs):
- Lodalis, Valeant Canada Inc.
PMPRB appears before the Senate Standing Committee on National Finance
NPDUIS Update – 3 Upcoming Publications
- Generic Drug Prices in Canada 2013
- New Drug Pipeline Monitor (NDPM) – 6th edition
- Public Drug Plan Expenditure (PDPEx) Report: This is the 1st edition of an annual report detailing current trends in prescription drug expenditures in a select number of Canadian public drug plans.
Summary of September 18, 2014 Board Meeting
More details regarding the October 2014 NEWSletter can be found on the PMPRB website.