On Tuesday, May 16, 2017, Federal Health Minister Hon. Jane Philpott opened consultations on a suite of amendments to the Patented Medicines Regulations that will have significant effects on how patented drug prices are regulated in Canada. The implementation of these proposed amendments could represent the most important changes in the regulations over two decades and could ultimately result in significantly lower prices for patented medicines in Canada. Topics top be covered include:
- Changes to the basket of reference countries and potential impact on prices
- Reporting of confidential PLA rebates to the PMPRB and implications for drug prices
- The reporting and use of health economics $/QALY to set drug prices
- Increased regulatory burden to manufacturers
- Potential impact of trade agreements (CETA, NAFTA)
- Amendments to Excessive Price Guidelines
- Consultation process and timelines
Are you interested to learn how these proposed amendments will affect pharmaceutical patentees and the pharmaceutical framework in Canada?
PDCI Market Access Inc., Canada’s leading pricing and reimbursement consultancy, will be hosting a *FREE* webinar for industry on the proposed amendments on Thursday, June 1st 2017, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The session will be presented and led by Neil Palmer, Founder & Principal Consultant at PDCI. Join us for an engaging session as we go through this evolving topic.
This webinar is intended for manufacturers and industry associations only (registration requires a valid manufacturer / industry association e-mail address). Participants can sign up for this session. CLICK HERE to register! For more information, please contact Nancy Paul Roc at 613-742-8225 ext. 32.
Can’t attend the webinar session and/or would prefer a customized in-house session to review the potential implications on your company’s product pipeline? Please contact Kaitlyn Proulx (Kaitlyn.Proulx@pdci.ca) or Neil Palmer (Neil.Palmer@pdci.ca) for more details.