New CADTH Processes
- Expanding CADTH’s Drug Review Processes to Include Radiopharmaceuticals
In collaboration with the participating jurisdictions, CADTH is pleased to announce that they will accept submissions for Radiopharmaceutical Submissions and Other Process Alignment Implementations effective April 1, 2017. Applicants/Submitters planning to file a submission or resubmission for a radiopharmaceutical on or after April 1, 2017 must comply with the same procedures, submission requirements, and timelines for a drug as set out by the CDR and pCODR programs.
- Implementing Request for Advice and Biosimilar Review Processes for CADTH’s pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review Program
As part of the ongoing process to align and to build on best practices for CDR and pCODR, CADTH is also implementing the following processes effective April 1, 2017 for:
- requests for advice;
- biosimilar reviews
For more information, please see: https://cadth.ca/pcodr-update-60.
CADTH Releases March Newsletter
Drug Reimbursement Recommendations
- Fentanyl buccal (Fentora): Pain (breakthrough), cancer (adults)
- Propranolol oral solution (Hemangiol): Infantile hemangioma
Health Technology Management Products
Recent summaries of evidence with critical appraisals include:
- Aripiprazole for Borderline Personality Disorder: A Review of the Clinical Effectiveness;
- The Use of Osteochondral Allograft for the Ankle, Knee, and Shoulder: Clinical Effectiveness and Cost-Effectiveness;
- Blue Light Cystoscopy in Patients with Suspected Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Carcinoma: A Review of Clinical Utility
News and Events
New Economic Guidelines:
CADTH is hosting an online or in person event on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 to release the fourth edition of the Guidelines for the Economic Evaluation of Health Technologies: Canada. Click here to register.
CADTH is hosting a Symposium from April 23 to 25, 2017 in Ottawa. This year’s theme is “Measuring Value in Theory and the Real World”. Click here to register.
For the full newsletter, please see: https://cadth.ca/new-cadth-march-2017