This special report (25 pages) provides an overview of the Canadian pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement environment. It includes descriptions of the health care system and pharmaceutical market, and then discusses pharmaceutical pricing including the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board guidelines and procedures, and the reimbursement environment including the Common Drug Review, INESSS in Quebec, and the newly formed pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review.
Table of Contents
- Organization and Funding of the Canadian Health Care System
- The Canadian Pharmaceutical Market
- Health Canada Approval Process
- Generic Drugs and Subsequent Entry Biologics
- Pricing of Prescription Medicines
- PMPRB’s Guidelines
- The Scientific Review Process
- Human Drug Advisory Panel (HDAP)
- Level of Therapeutic Improvement
- Price Review Process
- Reimbursement of Prescription Medicines
- Private Drug Plans
- Hospital Drugs
- Common Drug Review
- The CDR Review Process
- Recent Changes to the CDR
- Public Reimbursement Plans
- Cancer Drugs
- Outlook for the Canadian Pharmaceutical Market
To order your electronic copy of the Executive Briefing: Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement in Canada 2012 Edition, please complete and submit the online order form. This report is also included in the annual subscription to the C-MAP Canadian Drug Benefit Plans Reference Guide 2012 Edition
The cost of this report is $650.00 CDN, plus HST/GST, $650.00 USD, 500 Euros, or 425 GBP.
If you have any questions about the Executive Briefing: Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement in Canada 2012 Edition, please contact Courtney Abunassar at +1 613-484-9312 or Courtney.Abunassar@pdci.ca.